Tooling for Crimping 4003 Brg into a 1.9” Dia x 16ga Tube
Tool is designed to push a FRANTZ Manufacturing Company 4003 Bearing into a typical 1.9” diameter x 16-gauge tube, crimping the end of the assembly, securely locking the bearing into the tube.
- Insert tooling for Quick changeover of tubing Diameter or replacement of worn out tooling.
- High quality Tool Steel
- Nests available for roller assembly, to permit HANDS-FREE press closure.
- Attaches to your adapter plate with three 5/16-18 screws on a 2.875” bolt circle.
- Will also work with 1005, 1815, 4500 Bearings, GenII®, and various GenStar® bearings by changing the center piloting knockout sleeve.
- Designed & Built by FRANTZ Manufacturing Co.
- Press must have a method of consistently stopping its stroke to prevent “dog-boning” of the roller ends
- Must be capable of enough pressure to buckle a 1.9-16ga tube, but have a relief valve to limit that pressure to less
- 70 Rb or softer (BHN 125; 10 mm Ball, 3000 kg)
- The amount of burr could be a critical factor when using this tool. While some have successfully eliminated a burr removal operation, if the burr is allowed to become too large (small ID), the flange of the bearing may collapse BEFORE the bearing can push through the burr.
- A FRANTZ Manufacturing Co. Engineer can evaluate your “worst case” cut-off, and press a bearing into one of your tube samples for your inspection.
- Does your burr look like this? Give us a try!
This tooling is recommended for use with FRANTZ bearings only. When ordering, reference FRANTZ Manufacturing Co. Print CUSTB073